Kurt Parker is a seasoned Procurement & Supply Chain Expert & Advisor with over 20 years’ experience in both the Public and Private sector. His background also includes Finance, IT, Sales and Commercial, Project Management, Business Process, Supply Chain & Logistics and Enterprise and Supplier Development(ESD).
He is an experienced trainer for the NEF, facilitator and speaker, with an article featured in the Entrepreneur and has been interviewed on Kaya FM and Cliff Central. He has spoken at the IT WEB-IT Sourcing & Vendor Management Summit and Tushiyah Small Business Platform.
Kurt is a thought leader in the space and with the creation of his ‘Demystifying Procurement’ series which aims to take the mystery out of Procurement.
The benefits of working with Kurt:
- Procurement Assessment: Kurt will assess your Procurement operation to understand it’s maturity level. He will look at it from a Strategic, Tactical, Operational, Risk, People, Spend and Technology perspective, and guide you and your team on the path towards a world class Procurement Operation that will attract the brightest minds in this space.
- Procurement Governance: Kurt has led the start up of both Finance and Procurement departments from scratch. He has worked with Risk and Legal departments to implement : Delegation of Authority (DOA), Procurement Mandates, Procurement Policy and Procurement Process and Standard Procurement Legal templates. He has also installed Procurement Committees at multiple clients.
- Execution of Procurement Projects: Kurt has vast experience in managing projects and change management. He works to bring People, Process and Technology together to execute on Procurement strategies.
- Soft Skills: Due to the various stakeholders both internally and externally, Procurement teams need to have high levels of emotional intelligence. Kurt will work with your team to develop and understanding of how to get the Business to include Procurement in its planning conversations to ensure security of supply.
- Enterprise and Supplier Development: As a Procurement Professional, an Entrepreneur as well as an experienced ESD consultant, Kurt is well placed to close the gap between CSI and Procurement as he has been on all sides and understands the alignment mechanisms that create meaningful initiatives as opposed to ‘tick box’ exercises. He believes that CSI must produce ROI in order for it to be effective.
Get Kurt to take your Procurement function to a whole new level of performance, optimization and output.
The rate quoted is on a per hour basis, inclusive of VAT.